IDA 2022 will take place at Inria Convention Center, Rennes, France.
Inria Convention Center
How to find the convention center
The campus where the conference takes place is 10-15 minutes (by bus) from the town center.
The most « central » hub for the buses is « Republique ».
You can take line C4 or C6 at République (in the direction of « ZA Saint-Sulpice » for the C4 and « Cesson-Sévigné (Rigourdière) » for the C6) and stop at « Tournebride. The website for buses is this one (but it is all in French). Contrarily to what was announced before, the new Metro line is not yet opened…
Something fun is planned every evening of the conference. The map above shows you where you can find the first two events.
If you are at the conference site, somebody will guide you directly to the event.
If you want to participate in the (1h30) guided tour of the city on Thursday, please register here.
The best hotels are located in the center which is also much more lively (everything around the « place du Parlement »).
Here is a list of hotels: https://www.tourisme-rennes.com/en/organize-my-trip/the-accomodations/hotels/
Here are a few suggestions:
- For budget: https://www.chouettes-hostel.com/ (book in English here)
- The most central (quite expensive): Mercure Rennes Centre Parlement Hotel
- Very nice location (not cheap either) in the old center: http://www.marnieetmisterh.fr/
- The hotels around « avenue Janvier » (which is where the train station is) are usually quite good (e.g. Garden Hôtel Rennes Centre Gare) and for all prices.
If your hotel is in the west part of the center (closer to the campus), you can probably find a C4/C6 stop closer than « République » (for example, for the « chouettes », the closest stop is « Musée Beaux-Arts »). Check the lines for C4 or for C6.
- Rennes is connected by TGV (high-speed train) to Paris (1h30), Lille, Lyon, Marseille, Nancy and Strasbourg.
- Rennes is also connected by direct train to Brussels (one per day)
- The Rennes Saint-Jacques airport has connections to 22 French and European cities on a daily basis.